Putting together a pediatric surgery personal statement differs from writing a surgery residency personal statement of any other kind. In fact, the two are set apart by the same subtle differences that distinguish pediatric care from adult medicine. Make sure you understand everything there is to know about applying to the best surgical faculties in the world before you start writing your documents. Our experts will show you the ropes and get you where you need to be.
The Top 10 Pediatric Residency Programs
Pediatric surgeon colleges are notoriously choosy, but when it’s done right, your pediatric surgery application essay will go a long way towards impressing your prospective professors enough that they can’t help but include you on the shortlist for interviews. By availing yourself of the best surgery residency personal statement writing services around, you’ll be putting yourself in pole position for a place at one of the top pediatric residency programs. Here’s a handy list of the top pediatric surgeon colleges with the lowest acceptance rates in the entire United States.
- Mayo Medical School in Rochester, Minnesota. Acceptance rate: 1%.
- George Washington School of Medicine in Washington, District of Columbia. Acceptance rate: 1.3%.
- Stanford School of Medicine in Stanford, California. Acceptance rate: 1.4%.
- Boston University School of Medicine in Boston, Massachusetts. Acceptance rate: 1.4%.
- Zucker School of Medicine in Hempstead, New York. Acceptance rate: 1.4%.
- Albany School of Medicine in Albany, New York. Acceptance rate: 1.5%.
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine in Chicago, Illinois. Acceptance rate: 1.5%.
- Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine in Roanoke, Virginia. Acceptance rate: 1.5%.
- Rush Medical School in Chicago, Illinois. Acceptance rate: 1.5%.
- Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island. Acceptance rate: 1.5%.
What You Need Before You Apply
In advance of making your pediatric surgery fellowship application, you need to understand all there is to know about every single professional qualification, character trait and document you’ll need to display. It’s worth taking the time to learn all the steps to become a pediatric surgeon.
There’s so much information to cover when it comes to applying to these kinds of courses, whether it’s the pediatric surgery admission essay format regulations or being able to show the American Pediatric Surgical Association that you’re personally and professionally ready to pursue this difficult path. Here’s what you certainly need before you hand in your application.
- Your pediatric surgery fellowship application will require you to submit a pediatric surgery application essay that is much like a typical cover letter or personal statement.
- There are various rules and regulations when it comes to the pediatric surgery admission essay format you must adhere to, more of which will be explained in our golden rules of writing below.
- Before you even ponder how to become a pediatric surgeon, you will have to make sure you can obtain up to three letters of recommendation from important people within your current university. It would be ideal if you could get letters from your acting internship and perhaps a chairman.
- You will have to complete USMLE steps 1 and 2, although you can usually attend interviews even if you haven’t done the second step yet.
The Golden Rules of Writing Your Statement
Before you concern yourself with how to become a pediatric surgeon, you should get into the mindset of completing each step in the process in the best way you can. One of the first steps to become a pediatric surgeon is to compose your statement for the admissions committee. Take these expert tips into account and if you need more, then our professionals are only a phone call or email away.
- Your statement is a good time to define who you are as a person and why this makes you suitable for the position, but you shouldn’t try to be too clever about it. You may end up tripping yourself up if you go too far outside the accepted boundaries or are somehow misunderstood.
- Display a clear commitment to your chosen field and try to link your previous professional achievements to your current goals and aspirations. It’s always wise to develop a coherent narrative with which to engage your reader.
- Furthermore, showing direction is crucial. You can do so by making it evident that you’ve thought long and hard about your next career move, finishing with the point that pediatrics is the best specialty for you.
- You surely have a wide range of personal attributes that can be outlined in a positive light, but you have to be careful not to sound boastful or arrogant. Take stock of your achievements and discover the right way to respectfully but effectively persuade your reader to see how great you are as a candidate.
- In reality, the personal statement is an excellent way to provide your prospective interviewer with topics and points to discuss with you. You can turn this into a positive thing by writing about events that genuinely enthused you and shaped you into who you are today.
Simple Steps to Success
You have to be meticulous about your writing if you are to compose a perfect pediatric surgery personal statement. Whether you’re not sure about which colleges you want to attend or you’re still lacking the right information on what it’s going to take to succeed, just let our advisors take charge and help you get across the finish line. Success is simple when you take it one step at a time.